- Feed has no items.
- 6th Annual New Zealand Art Crime Symposiumby Unknown on May 13, 2021 at 7:15 am
Event: the 6th Annual New Zealand Art Crime SymposiumLocation: City Gallery Wellington (Māori: Te Whare Toi)Te Ngākau Civic Square, Wellington, New ZealandDate: Saturday, 29 May 2021Hosted by the New Zealand Art Crime Research Trust, in conjunction with City Gallery Wellington and other sponsors. On hand for the Symposium are a number of speakers encompassing a wide range of presentations on issues and aspects of art crime in New […]
- Americans For the Arts Remembers Dancer, Choreographer, and Educator Jacques d’Amboiseby Ms. Ann Marie Watson on May 10, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Monday, May 10, 2021Category: Americans for the Arts NewsAmericans for the Arts mourns the loss of ballet dancer Jacques d’Amboise, who passed away Sunday, May 2 at the age of 86. He was a prolific dancer, an arts education advocate, and a member of Americans for the Arts’ Artists Committee since 2004.
- Could You Really Climb the Spinning Ship’s Cable in Stowaway?by Rhett Allain on May 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Anna Kendrick’s rotating spacecraft cleverly uses cables and a counterweight to make artificial gravity. But scaling them would be harder than it looks
- Feed has no items.
- television and advertising -- 5/14/21on May 14, 2021 at 7:20 am
Today's selection -- from The Box: An Oral History of Television, 1920-1961 by Jeff Kisseloff. The airways were supposed be free, but television advertising appeared almost immediately: "Had he been president of NBC instead of the United States, Calvin Coolidge's major contribution to Bartlett's Familiar Quotations might have been slightly altered to read, 'The business of television is business,' and he would have been right. It has been […]
- Feed has no items.
- Online Dating: Does Education Matter?on January 13, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Online daters are most likely to contact people with the same level of education as them, but are less fussy about an intellectual match as they get older, according to new research.
- 4 Ways to Maximize Business Profitsby ID Blogger on February 26, 2021 at 4:52 pm
In discussing strategies for startups and small businesses, there’s always a lot of talk about how entrepreneurs can obtain early funding. We talk about how common it is for startups to get off the ground with financial help from family and friends, for instance. In some cases, we highlight successful campaigns on Kickstarter as reasons to explore the crowdfunding route. And of course, there’s venture capital to consider. Securing adequate […]
- Ceramic Mosaics Mend Cracked Sidewalks, Potholes, and Buildings in Vibrant Interventions by Emememby Grace Ebert on May 13, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Throughout his home city of Lyon, Ememem is known as “the pavement surgeon.” The artist repairs gouged sidewalks and splintered facades with colorful mosaics that he describes as “a poem that everybody can read.” Intricate geometric motifs laid with pristine tiles hug the cracks and create “a memory notebook of the city. It reveals what happened, the life in these public places,” he tells Colossal. “Here cobblestones have been […]
- The True, The Real And The Beautiful: 7 Years Of 'Cosmos And Culture'by Adam Frank on April 13, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Through science commentary, we created a place for exploration of deep, complex issues. There's a hunger in all of us for more than just facts — we hunger for meaning, says astrophysicist Adam Frank.
- Oh Damn, These Handsome Shorts Are 70% Off (Plus 20 More Sales Deals)by Gerald Ortiz, Avidan Grossman on May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Including superstar sneakers, a watch-guy-approved watch, and the slides that'll let you slide into beach weather.
- CJ People: Vue’s Dee Vassili Proves Cinema Operations is All About the Teamby Helen Budge on May 13, 2021 at 11:53 am
CJ People is a new series from Celluloid Junkie, examining the issues that affect the driving force of cinema exhibition and the wider film industry: its people. We aim to cover any and all relevant “people” topics from mental health... The post CJ People: Vue’s Dee Vassili Proves Cinema Operations is All About the Team appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.
- Dozie Kanu at Madragoaby Contemporary Art Daily on May 14, 2021 at 12:45 pm
Artist: Dozie Kanu Venue: Madragoa, Lisbon Exhibition Title: value order [gentrify.pt] Date: March 12 – May 16, 2021 Note: press release available here. Click here to view slideshow Full gallery of images and link available after the jump. Images: Images courtesy of Madragoa, Lisbon Link: Dozie Kanu at Madragoa