- Feed has no items.
- The Amelia Conference - June 23-25, 2023 - Registration is now openby Unknown on April 26, 2023 at 11:24 am
Conference Date: June 23-25, 2023Location: Amelia, ItalyCelebrating more than a decade of academic conferences addressing art and antiquities crimes, ARCA will host its 12th summer interdisciplinary art crime conference the weekend of June 23-25, 2023.Known as the Amelia Conference, the Association's weekend-long event aims to facilitate a critical appraisal of art crimes and the protection of art and cultural heritage and brings together […]
- Poet Jeanne-Marie Osterman Donates Proceeds from Book to Americans for the Artsby Erin Wynne on March 29, 2023 at 4:17 pm
Wednesday, March 29, 2023Category: Americans for the Arts NewsOn Wednesday, January 11, 2023, poet Jeanne-Marie Osterman met with Americans for the Arts President & CEO Nolen Bivens at the Yale Club in New York City to discuss her recent poetry book, Shellback. During the meeting, Osterman donated royalties from her book to Americans for the Arts to help support the National Initiative for Arts & Health Across the Military.
- The Explosive Legacy of the Pandemic Hand Sanitizer Boomby Amy Martyn on June 1, 2023 at 10:00 am
Three years ago, the FDA declared a manufacturing free-for-all. Now a noxious brew of leftover product is catching fire and making people sick.
- Many Years of Nowhere Behind Usby Aida A. Hozić on May 1, 2023 at 10:00 am
Your novel is for refugees like us, people who move forward because we have nowhere else to go.
- the link between physical and moral disgust -- 6/1/23on May 31, 2023 at 7:20 am
Today's encore selection -- from This Is Your Brain on Parasites by Kathleen McAuliffe. Revulsion and disgust at physical things -- such as overflowing toilets -- shares much of the brain's circuitry with moral outrage. Both are associated with the brain's anterior insula and amygdala. This may explain why moral judgments are so often coupled with disgust: "Visceral disgust -- that part of you that wants to scream 'Yuck!' when you see an […]
- The science of cutenessby Aeon Video on June 1, 2023 at 10:01 am
Cuteness overload! What makes us want to touch, pinch and squeeze adorable creatures is still a bit of a mystery for science - by Aeon Video Watch at Aeon
- Online Dating: Does Education Matter?on January 13, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Online daters are most likely to contact people with the same level of education as them, but are less fussy about an intellectual match as they get older, according to new research.
- Evolving Technologies In Industrial Designby ID Blogger on May 26, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Evolving Technologies In Industrial Design: Revolutionizing The Way We Create Industrial design has undergone a remarkable transformation in recent years, thanks to the rapid advancement of technology. As traditional manufacturing methods make way for innovative digital tools, designers now have an array of cutting-edge technologies at their disposal. These new technologies are revolutionizing the industrial design process, enabling greater […]
- Playful Scenes by Julian Frost Animate the Absurd through Minimal Detailsby Grace Ebert on May 31, 2023 at 6:25 pm
Illustrator Julian Frost might equate his animations to one-liners. Minimal in composition, his works convey a simple idea through succinct absurdities. A line-drawn character walks with an exceptional amount of purpose only to wander a tiny cube or slam into a pillar obstructing its path, while another figure dances in an endless loop of flying daggers, detached body parts already lining the floor. When creating, Frost strives to pare down his […]
- The True, The Real And The Beautiful: 7 Years Of 'Cosmos And Culture'by Adam Frank on April 13, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Through science commentary, we created a place for exploration of deep, complex issues. There's a hunger in all of us for more than just facts — we hunger for meaning, says astrophysicist Adam Frank.
- Feed has no items.
- India Opens International Day at CinemaCon 2023 – Keynote by Ajay Bijli of PVR INOXby Patrick von Sychowski on May 16, 2023 at 1:28 pm
At CinemaCon 2023’s International Day the honour of the International Keynote Addresses from Exhibition went to Mr Ajay Bijli, Managing Director, PVR INOX Leisure Limited & Founder PVR Cinemas. India’s two largest cinema operators PVR Limited and INOX Leisure had recently merged to form the fifth largest listed cinema company in the world, the sameRead More The post India Opens International Day at CinemaCon 2023 – Keynote by Ajay […]